There is nothing worse than not having the right tools at the right time when out on the water. Here are a few tools I keep on hand when fishing for Bass.
- Side bag – A nice pouch is good to have instead of a tackle box so you can freely explore the rivers. When choosing one make sure it is comfortable and can hold everything you need. I like mine to have a cup holder, so it can can hold my live bait container with ease.
- Forceps -They are thin and can reach down inside in case the fish inhales the hook really good.
- Pliers – Great for fixing hooks, and lures.Also they are great for squeezing down split shots, although I have a bad habit of biting these(don’t bite some can contain Lead).
- Scissors or clippers – Cutting fishing line.
- Bait net – Catching live bait around you..I find live cray fish to work best (be sure to check your areas bait guidelines before catching and using bait…***DO not transfer bait between water bodies, they can become invasive)
- Tackle – Of course you should have a solid container to keep your split shots, hooks and favorite lures
I like to walk up and down the rivers to my favorite deep holes so this tool kit is efficient for me. It keeps me fishing without wasting time.
Any must have tools you take with you at all times?